Thursday, May 27, 2010

In which the chapters are given up

As you may have noticed, dear readers, I have given up on calling my posts "chapter -" with a number, because I've realized, if I keep this blog up at the rate that I am going, I will have reached "chapter 5103" before long. Therefore, before I lose the oversight of my posts, I will simply call my posts "In which" and remove the "chapter"s. But the "in which"s are here to stay. I promise...

We've moved! I cannot believe that we no longer live in my old apartment! We took over a friend's apartment and it's gorgeous! It has a brick wall and stuff. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and so we've only moved in the boxes. We will be furnitureless until Saturday. Despite that, Internet is installed and the fridge is full. But our room is all boxes and zero furniture. It sucks because I want to clean and organize our room, but without the furniture, that is simply not possible. *sigh*

And we're back in Montreal, Michael and I. There is sunlight. LOADS of sunlight. So much so that I miss the rainy German sky. I think that I lost ten pounds yesterday because I melted under the fierce 33 degrees Celsius of cloudless sky and still winds. I was worried that, in Germany, I would forget the look of sunlight... and now I think that, despite sun being pretty, the refreshing rain is much preferred. I mean, my bleeding sun allergy hit me again! I have a freakin' rash at the back of my neck, which only happens when I am overexposed to sunlight without sunscreen. grrr...

Anyways, I am looking forward to sewing again. Once I am all installed and have found a new job (in order to pay for fabric), I am going to sew some pillow cases for some small cushions. We have an awesome windowsill in our bedroom and I want to turn it into a cosy reading spot. It will only work with the right cushions though. Also, with regards to sewing, I would love to sew something Elizabethan for the Casa Loma Renaissance faire that is upcoming. However, I do not think that I will have the time to do a perfect job until then. So I will start on the project, but I will not be in a hurry to finish it. I can always wear it next year. Those who know me well are aware that I INSIST on historical accuracy and try to get all the details right. So I will make sure to create an un-anachronistic gown for next year. Historical accuracy matters and it takes quite a while... Also, should I wish to wear more than one costume for the Renaissance faire, I think I should wear my German Dirndl with a hoop skirt. It makes me look very wenchy, because it has a bodice-type of thing and an apron, etc. It actually dates back a few centuries, so the garb is actually quite historically accurate too. Women who worked at the market or on farms would have worn this kind of dress, so it works wonderfully for faires! Huzzah!

Oh, and I did miss Anime North. NOOOO! (sad face) But that's okay, as I did not manage to really start on the Erica Fontaine costume anyway. Oh well. Better luck next time. I HATE that this keeps happening though! Next year, nothing can happen on the days of Anime North. I will go! I swear. Maybe I should write an oath to God like the people of Oberammergau and see what comes out of it...?

... okay... and I no longer know what this post is about. I apologize for that. I guess I'll stop now. I promise the next post will me much (MUCH MUCH!!) better!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaw, as you said, there is always next year for anime north Lots of sun XD (*had a sun burn on her arm and face XD (I totally did not expected being most of the time outside or going from on hotel to another because of panels and all XD)

    Ryu D)

    ReplyDelete